Eastern Ontario Fastball Blog

A blog dedicated to news about the Greater Ottawa Fastball League and other happenings in the world of fastball / fastpitch softball in eastern Ontario and western Quebec, with occasional stories featuring Mrs Fitzroy Fastball, Fitzroy Fastball Junior and the Caveman. If you have info to send on, send me an email at fastball[at]fitzroyharbour.com. Follow @fitzroyfastball on Twitter.

Follow fitzroyfastball on Twitter
Google
 

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"Pugger" and I4C Victory part ways

from Neil Cooke

The I4C Victory Fastball Club has announced some organizational changes that will be in effect for the 2008 Fastball Season. The Club has decided to relieve Shawn 'Pugger' Williams from his duties as the Head Coach of the Victory.

Shawn has been with the organization for the past 2 seasons and we would like to thank Shawn for his contribution and spirit over that time.

In parting Shawn had this to say, "I would have preferred to remain in the role of Head Coach of the Victory, there were some players who wanted the team to have less structure. When told that was the feeling of some of the guys, I agreed that I should step aside and allow someone else to coach and manage the team. I'm still looking at an opportunity to remain involved in the game that does not involve coaching or managing and we'll see where that leads. It's been a fun couple of years and I wish the I4C Victory the best of success. In leaving the team, I would like to acknowledge the support and guidance of Assistant Coach, Eric Rosenquist. He is a true student of the game and someone I could always count on both on and off the field."

The I4C Victory Team wants to thank Shawn for all his hard work and wishes him all the best in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home