Eastern Ontario Fastball Blog

A blog dedicated to news about the Greater Ottawa Fastball League and other happenings in the world of fastball / fastpitch softball in eastern Ontario and western Quebec, with occasional stories featuring Mrs Fitzroy Fastball, Fitzroy Fastball Junior and the Caveman. If you have info to send on, send me an email at fastball[at]fitzroyharbour.com. Follow @fitzroyfastball on Twitter.

Follow fitzroyfastball on Twitter
Google
 

Monday, September 13, 2010

How to win your NFL pool

Generally, the Caveman and Fitzroy Junior are the primary sources of unintentional humour at my place and I'm happy to share the stories with blog readers.

This week Mrs Fitzroy Fastball and I recently had what I consider to be a blogworthy conversation.

*REMINDER* - Mrs Fastball knows I have "this stupid website" as she refer to it, but she doesn't read this thing or really know too much of what goes on here.....for those of you who know her, let's keep it that way OK? :)

HER: So, I guess we'll have to watch the NFL games this Sunday.

ME: What?! (She has less than zero interest in football. She wouldn't be able to name you more than 3 players in the NFL, and those would be the ones married to actresses and making frequent appearances in People.)

HER: Yeah, the season starts this week, so we should watch.

ME: Are you kidding me? How all of a sudden do you know the NFL schedule?

HER: Well I entered a football pool at work so I want to know who wins.

ME: What? You entered an NFL pool? How much does this cost?

HER: Two bucks.

ME: (Small sigh of relief that she's not betting the grocery money.) You're serious? How did you pick the winners?

HER: I picked the cities that I preferred to visit. You know, New Orleans against Minnesota, I'd much rather go to New Orleans. That sort of thing.

I'll let you know how she does.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I used to run a pool a couple of jobs back and the person who picked her teams like that would invariably win a couple of times a year!

8:08 pm  
Blogger fitzroyfastball said...

She apparently was 8 for 16 so not too bad. (Probably better than I'd do.) The winner of the pool was actually the wife of one of the Stittsville 56ers....

8:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home