Eastern Ontario Fastball Blog

A blog dedicated to news about the Greater Ottawa Fastball League and other happenings in the world of fastball / fastpitch softball in eastern Ontario and western Quebec, with occasional stories featuring Mrs Fitzroy Fastball, Fitzroy Fastball Junior and the Caveman. If you have info to send on, send me an email at fastball[at]fitzroyharbour.com. Follow @fitzroyfastball on Twitter.

Follow fitzroyfastball on Twitter
Google
 

Monday, January 09, 2012

Three new mini-Blitzos arrive - all on the same day

Congratulations are in order for three members of the Ottawa Blitz fastball club - they all welcomed healthy new children to their families, and amazingly, all the babies were born on January 6th and all within an ounce of the exact same size. What are the odds?

The line-up:
#2 Beckham Bruce (8lbs 2oz) - dad Andrew
#4 Tea Searle (8lbs 3oz) - dad Tony
#11 Elise Blakely (8lbs 3oz) - dad Jamie

As per Andrew Bruce "We were all surprised to learn that each other had cashed in a runner on the same day. We'll be hitting them grounders to get them used to the ball any day now."

In other news, at the Fitzroy Fastball household, I got to respond to two of the top things that the father of a six-year old really doesn't want to hear, both in the same car ride back from the rink.

Caveman questions:

1) Q: "Daddy, I know you told me I came from Mommy's tummy.....but how did I get in there?"
A: "Go ask your Mommy." (Not sure how Mrs Fastball handled that one.)

2) Q: "Daddy, next year I really want to be a goalie in Novice hockey. Can I be a goalie, PLEEEEASE?"
A: "Well, Caveman, I guess we'll see next year. But remember, your sponsor Combat Sports Group does not make a goalie stick" (Seriously, hockey for two lads costs the Fitrzoy Fastball pocketbook enough - I really don't need to buy goaltender equipment.)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to the Blitzos on the babies! Interesting that they were all conceived JUST prior to ball season! (April, if my math is right). We may need to add a column to the stat website to track this phenemonon!

6:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home