Eastern Ontario Fastball Blog

A blog dedicated to news about the Greater Ottawa Fastball League and other happenings in the world of fastball / fastpitch softball in eastern Ontario and western Quebec, with occasional stories featuring Mrs Fitzroy Fastball, Fitzroy Fastball Junior and the Caveman. If you have info to send on, send me an email at fastball[at]fitzroyharbour.com. Follow @fitzroyfastball on Twitter.

Follow fitzroyfastball on Twitter
Google
 

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Texts from the Caveman

I was away in Mississauga this past weekend, attending board meetings of the OASA for the first time. I was asked to become involved just before Christmas and I look forward to participating going forward and giving an eastern Ontario perspective around the table. I was pleased to meet a group of dedicated people, and I am hopeful I can help contribute in growing our game.

While I was away, the Caveman and Fitzroy Fastball Junior kept me up to date on what was going on back home in my absence. Transcribed below are a series of text messages, original spelling intact (except for real names removed), sent from Mrs Fastball's cell phone to mine.

On Friday night, Fitzroy Junior went skiing. Caveman wasn't interested in hitting the slopes after last year. But he did eat at the ski hill - Mrs Fastball gave him some money and he grabbed supper.......

"Hi its [Caveman] I ate pizza,fries, hotdog, pogo. :D"
"And finished"
"It only cost 15 buck"

Later on from Mrs Fastball:

"Now he has a tummy ache - what a boob"

Saturday morning Caveman had hockey practice. But after a late night, he wasn't keen on getting out of bed to go. So I asked him what his problem was:

"My problem is its too ealry and hockey eqitment is encomfortable and I just want too relax and. I don't want to skate skate AGAIN"
"An [Fitzroy Junior] is perfect" (a jab at his 'goody-goody' brother who always gets up in the morning without a fuss)

He cheered up later in the day. After a discussion at the OASA meeting about minor tournaments, I asked if Caveman would be interested in attending a provincial Mites tournament this upcoming summer:

"I would A LOT :)"

Later Saturday, Cousin Herb came over for a sleepover. Now sure how they got on this particular topic - and not sure I want to know - but I received this disturbing text from Fitzroy Junior out of the blue with no context that evening:

"[Caveman] said he wants to be a stripper what every mom wants"

On Sunday morning, Caveman had a hockey game, so I asked for a report:

"Hi today I got 3 assist the other day nothing or 1 assist probs 1 assist nice doing buissness with U [Caveman]"

And then remembering he actually forgot to tell me the score:

"We crush them"
"we won 9-1"

Always nice to keep informed on activity back home during a road trip.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home