Eastern Ontario Fastball Blog

A blog dedicated to news about the Greater Ottawa Fastball League and other happenings in the world of fastball / fastpitch softball in eastern Ontario and western Quebec, with occasional stories featuring Mrs Fitzroy Fastball, Fitzroy Fastball Junior and the Caveman. If you have info to send on, send me an email at fastball[at]fitzroyharbour.com. Follow @fitzroyfastball on Twitter.

Follow fitzroyfastball on Twitter
Google
 

Friday, May 23, 2014

Kars beats I4C Victory 3-1 in Manotick night cap UPDATED

In the late game at Manotick, the Kars Aces earned their second win of the night by a 3-1 score over I4C Victory.

Brad Porter earned the pitching win allowing only two hits, while Andrew Putnam took the loss despite tossing a one-hitter.

Kevin McGuire had a solo home run for I4C.

Info from Chad Milne


Kars won the second game of its double-header on Wednesday night, downing I4C by a score of 3-1. Brad Porter pitched for Kars, while Andrew Putnam pitched for I4C.

There wasn’t a lot of scoring in this one. I4C scored their lone run of the game on a long homerun to centre off the bat of Kevin McGuire in the bottom of the 3rd inning to make the score 1-0. As was the case in their first game, Kars responded in their next at bat. In the top of the 4th inning, Kars struck out 5 times and had only 1 hit, a line drive rbi double of the bat of Matt Alkerton, but Kars was able to score 3 runs. A few passed balls and an I4C error contributed to the outburst by Kars. There was no scoring in the last 3½ innings of the game.

Of note, Putnam had 19 strikeouts and allowed only 1 hit for I4C.

Co-players of the game earning the Caveman's Choice: the battery of Brad Porter and Matt Alkerton.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home