Eastern Ontario Fastball Blog

A blog dedicated to news about the Greater Ottawa Fastball League and other happenings in the world of fastball / fastpitch softball in eastern Ontario and western Quebec, with occasional stories featuring Mrs Fitzroy Fastball, Fitzroy Fastball Junior and the Caveman. If you have info to send on, send me an email at fastball[at]fitzroyharbour.com. Follow @fitzroyfastball on Twitter.

Follow fitzroyfastball on Twitter
Google
 

Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Caveman's perfect recall


It's now hockey time for the Caveman, and the teams have been selected. He has been assigned to a team in the Atom (U10) house league.

At his first practice, his hockey coach said to me something along the lines of “Jeez, I was impressed when I saw your son this spring. Caveman can sure throw a softball - I don’t know if I could hit his pitches!”

Caveman was of course pleased to hear this. I asked him afterward: "Do you remember playing against Coach's son in softball this year?" (I must have missed the game coaching Fitzroy Junior's team because I don’t remember seeing him play this kid.)

Caveman: “Oh yeah Dad, I remember. Struck him out on five pitches.”

Me: “C’mon, as if you remember how many pitches!”

Caveman: “It’s true. Strike, strike, ball, ball, strike three. You don’t have to believe me but that’s what I did.”

So, either the Caveman has a photographic memory for softball, has a great imagination or is completely insane....or all three.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home