Eastern Ontario Fastball Blog

A blog dedicated to news about the Greater Ottawa Fastball League and other happenings in the world of fastball / fastpitch softball in eastern Ontario and western Quebec, with occasional stories featuring Mrs Fitzroy Fastball, Fitzroy Fastball Junior and the Caveman. If you have info to send on, send me an email at fastball[at]fitzroyharbour.com. Follow @fitzroyfastball on Twitter.

Follow fitzroyfastball on Twitter
Google
 

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Caveman earns a prize

Caveman's novice hockey team had a big exhibition game recently at ScotiaBank Place, where the NHL Senators play. They did it up right, with the pre-game national anthem and P.A. announcements. In between whistles, they played music, and we got to see the Caveman dance to "Gangnam Style" at the face-off dot. (I have that on video if I can figure out how to get it off my phone.)

As you can imagine, the novice hockey intensity was ratcheted up for this one. The Caveman played his best game in his short career, displaying some excellent stickhandling skills using his personally designed Combat hockey stick (SHAMELESS PLUG) - also on video, working on getting it off the phone. He played so well that his coach recognized him as "player of the game" for the West Carleton team.

To recognize the game's top performer, the team hands out a Viking helmet for the kids to proudly wear and take home for the next game.
Justfiably proud, Caveman asked if he phone Grandma on the way home to tell her.

He calls Grandma on the cellular and says:

"Grandma, good news! I won the Horny Hat!"

Wish I could have seen Grandma's reaction to that.

(When I heard it, after I stopped laughing, I asked him if I could borrow it for the night, but before he could answer Mrs Fastball gave me a good punch in the arm.)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

LMAO... Classic!

4:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home