Eastern Ontario Fastball Blog

A blog dedicated to news about the Greater Ottawa Fastball League and other happenings in the world of fastball / fastpitch softball in eastern Ontario and western Quebec, with occasional stories featuring Mrs Fitzroy Fastball, Fitzroy Fastball Junior and the Caveman. If you have info to send on, send me an email at fastball[at]fitzroyharbour.com. Follow @fitzroyfastball on Twitter.

Follow fitzroyfastball on Twitter
Google
 

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Caveman's question and pitching technique

Caveman, working hard on his homework project last night. He's working on a story about himself for his English class. He looks at me with a puzzled look.

Me: "What's the problem?"

Caveman: "How do you spell 'would'?"

Me: "Do you mean 'wood', like comes from a tree, or 'would' as in 'what would I do'?"

Caveman: "'Would' as in 'If I did that, I would get arrested'."

Can you imagine the grade 2 teacher reviewing this kid's homework?

********************************

Tonight after a game of minor softball at the Fitzroy diamond, which I missed due to a late meeting.

Me: "Hey, Caveman! How did the ball game go tonight?"

Caveman: "Daddy, it was great, Daddy! I got to pitch!"

Me: "Oh good! How was that?"

Caveman: "Good! I was the only one that pitched windmeal."

Me: "Pitched what?"

Caveman: "WindMEAL, Daddy!" (mimes a windmill pitch, looking at me like I'm an idiot).

Note to self: Follow up on that appointment with the audiologist.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home