Eastern Ontario Fastball Blog

A blog dedicated to news about the Greater Ottawa Fastball League and other happenings in the world of fastball / fastpitch softball in eastern Ontario and western Quebec, with occasional stories featuring Mrs Fitzroy Fastball, Fitzroy Fastball Junior and the Caveman. If you have info to send on, send me an email at fastball[at]fitzroyharbour.com. Follow @fitzroyfastball on Twitter.

Follow fitzroyfastball on Twitter
Google
 

Friday, October 18, 2013

Catching up with the Caveman

The Caveman has been up to his usual antics entertaining us. Recently.....

Too much info at Thanksgiving: As we gathered at Mrs. Fastball's brother's place (their "cool Uncle") for Thanksgiving dinner, there were about twenty on hand: family, extended family and friends. They have all already seen the Caveman in action, so it wasn't too surprising when he announced to the assembled folks just before dinner: "I am NOT wearing underwear under these jeans!".

Future Caveman Companion: Recently, in the back seat of the car, Fitzroy Junior and Caveman were deep in conversation about their futures.
Fitzroy Junior: "Do you think you will ever get married, Caveman?"
Caveman: "I don't think so."
Fitzroy Junior: "Why not?"
Caveman: "Well, I like to be nude a lot, and I don't know any girl nudists, so I don't think I will be able to find a wife."

Hair care for the Caveman: The Caveman was in the tub, scrubbing up after a hard day of getting dirty in Grade 3. He called out to his brother who was nearby: "Hey Fitzroy Junior! Get me the perv!"
Fitzroy Junior: "The what??!"
Caveman: "The perv!"
Fitzroy Junior (giggling): "What are you talking about?!"
Caveman: "I need to wash my hair so get me the perv!"
(He meant this.)

Caveman fine dining: As mentioned before, the Caveman likes to eat. Despite being two and a half years younger than Fitzroy Junior, he has a much larger appetite. While he does love his junk food (especially hot dogs),  he is pretty good about eating his vegetables. Sometimes he takes his vegetable eating to the next level.

One evening recently, Mrs Fastball was out, so I made supper for the boys. The vegetable that night wasn't too exotic. I opened a can of Green Giant green beans and put them in the microwave in a bowl. After polishing off his plate, the Caveman asked for seconds on the beans. Proud of my little vegetable eater, I said "Sure" and brought him over the bowl with the remaining green beans. He said "Thanks, Daddy!" and starting finishing off the remaining beans. Not much later, I heard him slurping and looked over - he was drinking the water that the beans were warmed up in; the liquid they are packed in the can. He chugged it down, let out a satisfied "ahhhhhh" and said "Yum! Bean juice!".

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home