Eastern Ontario Fastball Blog

A blog dedicated to news about the Greater Ottawa Fastball League and other happenings in the world of fastball / fastpitch softball in eastern Ontario and western Quebec, with occasional stories featuring Mrs Fitzroy Fastball, Fitzroy Fastball Junior and the Caveman. If you have info to send on, send me an email at fastball[at]fitzroyharbour.com. Follow @fitzroyfastball on Twitter.

Follow fitzroyfastball on Twitter
Google
 

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Chad Hargrove out for the season

Some of you may have heard that Chad Hargrove of the Orleans Gators (and tourneys with the Carp I4C Victory) is out for the season. Chad has mononucleosis and some side effects that have the doctors telling him no more ball for 2007

Here is the word from Chad himself on what happened:

It isn't necesarily the mono that's keeping me from playing, aside from a bit of tiredness the mono has had little effect on me. It's the fact that the mono caused an enlargement in my spleen and it ruptured during the Stittsville game.

Waking up with severe abdominal pains over night I went to the clinic in Orleans in the morning where the diagnosis was made, and I was quickly sent to the General Hospital where I stayed for 6 nights. Now that my spleen is still about 2-3 times its normal size it will be far to fragile to play with for the remainder of the season.

My season is over as it will take approx 2-3 months for my spleen to recover, I will be heading back to the General for an Ultrasound in 4-5 weeks. Long term effects from this injury are not expected.

A huge disappointment for Chad I'm sure to miss the ISCs - but he's young and has plenty of ball ahead of him. Best wishes from fitzroyfastball on a speedy recovery.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well Chad!

-RC

12:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The main thing here is your health!! Get well!

Steph Vinette

11:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home