Eastern Ontario Fastball Blog

A blog dedicated to news about the Greater Ottawa Fastball League and other happenings in the world of fastball / fastpitch softball in eastern Ontario and western Quebec, with occasional stories featuring Mrs Fitzroy Fastball, Fitzroy Fastball Junior and the Caveman. If you have info to send on, send me an email at fastball[at]fitzroyharbour.com. Follow @fitzroyfastball on Twitter.

Follow fitzroyfastball on Twitter
Google
 

Friday, August 31, 2012

Elkland Labour Day Durk Sherman Tournament

The Elkland Labour Day Durk Sherman Classic tournament starts tonight (Friday) and runs through Monday September 3 in Elkland, PA.

There are 18 teams this year, including five from eastern Ontario: West Carleton Electric, Kars Aces, Carp I4C Victory, Orleans Rebels and Greenbush Generals.

The bracket has been released on Al's Fastball for the 60th Annual Durk Sherman Tournament. It's a modified double knockout with a three game guarantee.

Great ball, excellent venue, outstanding atmosphere, top notch chicken dinners, cheap pints = good times.

The Fitzroy Fastball media empire does not include any way to update the blog properly down there, but I am hopeful I will be able to provide some updates via Twitter from the @fitzroyfastball account using the hashtag #Elkand2012.

Once back, I will do my best to create the much anticipated "Memories of Elkland" post as I have done for the last five years I have attended.

*******************

I was talking to the boys telling them that I was off to visit my US American friends in Elkland this weekend. Since everytime he's in the USA mommy goes shopping, Caveman automatically asked if I would be hitting the malls while down there. I told him probably not, but that I might stop in at Dick's Sporting Goods on the way down for a quick look.

Caveman: "Oh Daddy, I like that store. Could you maybe get me a t-shirt from there? How about one that says 'I love Dicks', could you get me that, Daddy."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home