Eastern Ontario Fastball Blog

A blog dedicated to news about the Greater Ottawa Fastball League and other happenings in the world of fastball / fastpitch softball in eastern Ontario and western Quebec, with occasional stories featuring Mrs Fitzroy Fastball, Fitzroy Fastball Junior and the Caveman. If you have info to send on, send me an email at fastball[at]fitzroyharbour.com. Follow @fitzroyfastball on Twitter.

Follow fitzroyfastball on Twitter
Google
 

Friday, May 30, 2014

I4C Victory beats Kanata Pirates 8-1 - UPDATED with details

In Greater Ottawa Fastball League play on Thursday night in Carp, I4C Victory defeated the Kanata Pirates 8-1.

Neil Cooke earned the win and had relief from Andrew Putnam. Duane Bromley took the loss.

Story by Ivan Taylor

I4C Victory mercied the Kanata Pirates last night 8-1 in Carp.

Duane Bromley got the start for the Pirates and Neil Cooke got the start for I4C.

I4C scored 3 runs in the top of the first.  Shawn Simzer hit a single and was bunted over to second by Donnie Cox.  Bobby Jack Hart hit an RBI double off the fence to score Simzer.  Then Joe Murray hit a 2 run homer.  The Pirates failed to score in the bottom and after one inning the score was I4C 3 Pirates 0.

In the second, Curtis Scurr hit a single.  I4C later scored a run on a Shawn Simzer single off the fence.  Trevor Power led off the bottom of the second inning for the Pirates with a solo homer.  After two innings, the score was I4C 4 Pirates 1.

In the top of the third, Bobby Jack Hart led off by reaching first base on an error.  Joe Murray followed with a single.  Then Andrew Putnam hit a 2 RBI single.  The Pirates failed to score in the bottom of the inning and after three innings, the score was I4C 6 Pirates 1.

In the fourth inning, Bobby Jack Hart and Joe Murray hit solo homers.  Andrew Putnam came in to pitch for I4C and shut down the Pirates in the fourth and fifth inning.  The final score was 8-1.

Caveman player of the game: Joe Murray with 2 home runs and a single in three at bats.

I4C Hitting
Joe Murray 2 HR, 1B, 3 RBIs, 3R
Bobby Jack Hart HR, 1B, BB, 2 RBIs, 3R
Shawn Simzer 3 1Bs, R, RBI
Andrew Putnam 1B, 2 RBIs
Mike Money 1B
Curtis Scurr 1B
S. Murray BB, R

I4C Pitching
Neil Cooke 3 IP, 1R, 2H, 4K
Andrew Putnam 2 IP, 0R, 0H, 2K, BB

Pirates Hitting
Trevor Power HR
Tony MacDonald 2B, BB

Pirates Pitching
Duane Bromley 5 IP, 8R, 11H, 2K, 2BB

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home