Eastern Ontario Fastball Blog

A blog dedicated to news about the Greater Ottawa Fastball League and other happenings in the world of fastball / fastpitch softball in eastern Ontario and western Quebec, with occasional stories featuring Mrs Fitzroy Fastball, Fitzroy Fastball Junior and the Caveman. If you have info to send on, send me an email at fastball[at]fitzroyharbour.com. Follow @fitzroyfastball on Twitter.

Follow fitzroyfastball on Twitter
Google
 

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Second Annual Gil Read - a success

Congratulations to Al Read and his volunteers on a well run event at the second annual Gil Read Memorial Tournament. Everything seemed to go smoothly with the exception of the lights being on a timer and shutting down at 11pm on Friday.

Nice big beer garden tent, reasonably priced grub and pints, good facility, programs, MVP trophies, etc. and of course all the funds going to a great cause. I know for various reasons, the were a lot of expenses for the host committee, but I'm hopeful they raised some big bucks for the fund.

The women's tournament was a nice addition and from what I saw also had some great fastball.

The only thing I'd change - scare off that Dickie Dee ice cream truck and the "Music Box Dancer" music. I can't get that awful tune out of my head!

Be sure to check out some of the photos taken by Mike Money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home