Eastern Ontario Fastball Blog

A blog dedicated to news about the Greater Ottawa Fastball League and other happenings in the world of fastball / fastpitch softball in eastern Ontario and western Quebec, with occasional stories featuring Mrs Fitzroy Fastball, Fitzroy Fastball Junior and the Caveman. If you have info to send on, send me an email at fastball[at]fitzroyharbour.com. Follow @fitzroyfastball on Twitter.

Follow fitzroyfastball on Twitter
Google
 

Monday, July 25, 2011

Americans eat dirt?

Fitzroy Junior and his brother the Caveman spent lots of time at the ball diamond this weekend watching the Gil Read Memorial tournament and had a great time. They were helpful in offering some coaching tips ("Put yourself in to hit, Daddy!") and retrieving foul balls.

West Carleton Electric had some "import US Americans" for the weekend: Tom Dexter, Grant Sherman and Bill Sherman from the Elkland Thunderbellys. Tom and Bill also came last year and Fitzroy Junior was excited to meet some "real Americans".

Fitzroy Junior had a question for me on Sunday night. He said "Daddy, why do Americans eat dirt?" As you can expect, I wasn't sure what he was talking about. He insisted he saw the guys eating dirt. Turns out, he saw the guys "dipping" and since he doesn't really know anyone with that habit around here, he thought they were taking chunks of dirt of a little can and chewing on it and spitting it out!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I think Im going down to the well tonight and Im gonna drink till I get my fill. And I hope when I get old I don't sit around thinking about it, but I probably will. Yeah just sitting back trying to recapture a little of the glory. Well time slips away and leaves you with nothing mister, but boring stories of PORTER DAYS, yeah pass you by, PORTER DAYS in wink of a young girls heart PORTER DAYS, PORTER DAYS. Yeah they'll pass you by PORTER DAYS, PORTER DAYS, PORTER DAYS!"

1:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home