Eastern Ontario Fastball Blog

A blog dedicated to news about the Greater Ottawa Fastball League and other happenings in the world of fastball / fastpitch softball in eastern Ontario and western Quebec, with occasional stories featuring Mrs Fitzroy Fastball, Fitzroy Fastball Junior and the Caveman. If you have info to send on, send me an email at fastball[at]fitzroyharbour.com. Follow @fitzroyfastball on Twitter.

Follow fitzroyfastball on Twitter
Google
 

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

I4C Victory and West Carleton Electric split doubleheader

I4C Victory and West Carleton Electric split a doubleheader in Greater Ottawa Fastball League play on Tuesday night in Fitzroy Harbour.

West Carleton Electric 9 I4C Victory 8
In the first match up, Victory got out to a early 7-2 lead, but West Carleton came back to take a 8-7 lead after six innings. In the top of the seventh, Curt Scurr hit a solo shot to tie the game. Steve Cavanagh's walk off homer in the bottom of the final frame earned WC the win. Cavanagh started while Jeff Barber saw action in relief for WC. Neil Cooke started for I4C and Cody Price took the loss.

I4C Victory 8 West Carleton Electric 1
I4C jumped out to a big lead in the third and didn't look back in this run rule game. Andrew Putnam earned the win while Jeff Barber took the loss with relief from Steve Cavanagh. Chris MacFarlane had two homers for I4C.

more to follow

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home