Eastern Ontario Fastball Blog

A blog dedicated to news about the Greater Ottawa Fastball League and other happenings in the world of fastball / fastpitch softball in eastern Ontario and western Quebec, with occasional stories featuring Mrs Fitzroy Fastball, Fitzroy Fastball Junior and the Caveman. If you have info to send on, send me an email at fastball[at]fitzroyharbour.com. Follow @fitzroyfastball on Twitter.

Follow fitzroyfastball on Twitter
Google
 

Friday, July 15, 2011

I4C Victory finishes second in Au Sable tournament

from Eric Rosenquist

I4C Victory had a great weekend in Au Sable, getting all the way to the final before losing 7-1 to Donnacona to finish second.

In game #1 at 9:30 AM Saturday I4C mercied the Quebec Jrs 10-3. Neil Cooke had the win with relief from Cory Alkerton. Kevin McGuire and Eric Colvin hit HRs.

In game #2 at 2:00 PM Saturday I4C beat Razzano's Trucking 6-2. Ian Wallwork had the win. Ian Wallwork and Cory Alkerton hit HRs.

In game #3 at 8:30 PM Saturday I4C lost 2-0 to Scooter's Bar with Gregg Garrity pitching for them. Ian Wallwork took the loss. Garrity had 13 Ks in 6 innings (round robin games were 6 innings).

At the end of play on Saturday night, four teams in our division were 2-1 and the fifth was 0-4. The 2-1 teams each had a game against another 2-1 team on Sunday morning, so the Sunday morning game was a "must win" in both of the games.

In game #4 at 10:30 AM Sunday I4C beat Barrhaven 7-0. Neil Cooke pitched a 2-hitter. Dan Loney hit a HR. I4C scored 3 runs in the first inning and never looked back.

That gave top spot in the division to I4C because the Quebec Jrs beat Garrity & Scooter's in the other game, and since I4C had the head-to-head win over Quebec, I4C finished first. That set up a semi final against CPI out of Oswego NY.

In the first semi-final at 1:00 PM Sunday I4C mercied CPI 9-0 in 5 innings. Ian Wallwork threw a 3-hitter. Derek Barber hit a 3-run HR that made it 6-0. I4C sent 12 guys to the plate in the 3rd and scored 8 runs. Eric Colvin scored twice in that inning, getting a walk to start the inning and hitting a single his second time up.

After the win, the team sat in the shade and waited while the other semi-final between Donnacona and the Quebec Jrs was played. Donnacona won that game so I4C faced the Blue Sox at 5PM in the finals.

Neil Cooke got the start and it was 0-0 through 3 innings, but Cookie had nothing left by the 4th and came out after giving up a couple of runs. Ian Wallwork went in and didn't have much left in the tank either, giving up 4 more runs over the next couple of innings. Cory Alkerton closed out the last two innings holding Donnacona to one run, making the final score 7-1 for Donnacona and putting I4C Victory in second place. Francis Leclair had the win for the Blue Sox.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home